I read this how to cut wedding costs guide today, a little late for me obviously, but I wanted to get a feel for where our wedding budget went. For the most part this article is pretty spot on with what we did, except I have beef with this part:
No matter how tight your budget, do not have a cash bar. A wine-only bar's thriftiness is just as obvious.
Do not have a cash bar? Agreed, absolutely. That second sentence about the thriftiness of a wine-only bar? Complete and total crap. The people who will notice the "thriftiness" of a wine-only bar are assholes. Yeah, I said it. They are guests at a wedding, to celebrate a couple's love, and that couple (and/or other members of their family) paid money to have them be there, and wine will get them just as drunk and happy as a full open bar. To those people: bring a flask and hold your tongue.
New Year, New Blog!
16 years ago
4 comments:
What a snide article! No thank you. Though I'm concerned about my wedding budget, their incredibly snotty attitude is NOT very helpful.
I stopped reading at this:
"Draw the line at family-style service. What’s next, wine bottles on a lazy Susan? Honestly, you’re better off eloping."
Thanks for the advice, NY Mag. We'll have to cancel our contract with our site and lose our deposit, since the only food service options they offer are family style and buffet (which I'm sure you, NY Mag, think is even more declasse). hrmph!
@elizabeth - you know, i was so angry at the wine-only thriftiness thing that i didn't even read the rest of the article. now i'm just fuming!
That is so strange to me. In Australia, it's rare to have anything but wine and beer at a wedding. And we like to drink!
@jessica - that's news to me! i never realize that things like this are cultural, but i guess they are...
Post a Comment