Thursday, October 16, 2008

Question

When should I bring in my dress to the tailor?

I have some major alterations to be done. My dress is two pieces, both of which need to be taken in and shortened. Also, the lace appliques on the outer piece need to be taken off and then put back on after the outer piece has been made smaller. All in all my dress needs to go from a 14 to a 6, I think. And both pieces will need some sort of bustle.

Is it too soon now?

4 comments:

craziasian said...

wouldn't hurt to schedule an appointment with your tailor now, see how long she/he needs, and schedule the actual fitting (if your tailor thinks it is too early) accordingly.

if you need a good woman, my tailor was great. she definitely gets booked up quick but she is very affordable and did a bang up job on my dress.

invisiblyrose said...

yeah i think i'll be bringing it in soon.

i'd definitely use your tailor since your dress looked great, but i'll need someone in town here, or at least very accessible by public transit :(

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Since you are taking the dress from a 14 to a 6, I would take it in asap. It may require some additional alterations considering it's not just a "nip/tuck" sort of thing.

invisiblyrose said...

hi kelley - that seems to be the consensus. i fear the alterations.